Q: "Memphis Belle" markings.

Does anyone happen to know if the Belle had "US ARMY" on the undersides of the
wings? I'm not sure when they stopped doing this on a/c. Thanks for any help!
Bill
Reply to
Darkside24us
Nope... 'fraid not... William
Darkside24us wrote:
Reply to
William L. Powell
When we did the research for the markings for the movie we heard about that possibility, but were never able to find any evidence that she carried those markings once arriving in Europe.
Before that, possible but doubtful.
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
Thanks! I didn't think so either, but I wanted to be sure. Bill
Reply to
Darkside24us