Q: "Memphis Belle" markings.

Does anyone happen to know if the Belle had "US ARMY" on the undersides of the wings? I'm not sure when they stopped doing this on a/c. Thanks for any help!

Bill

Reply to
Darkside24us

William L. Powell

When we did the research for the markings for the movie we heard about that possibility, but were never able to find any evidence that she carried those markings once arriving in Europe.

Before that, possible but doubtful.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Thanks! I didn't think so either, but I wanted to be sure. Bill

Reply to
Darkside24us

No it didn't

Reply to