Revell/Monogram 1/48 B-17 Memphis Belle Instruction Questions

trying to line a up a build day for the Super Bowl -

this is the "deluxe kit" with the tubs of paint. Sure gave you a lot of red paint for this kit. Anyway, the 1999 instructions seem to act as though this big thing is a toy. Can anyone clarify some of these observations for me? Thx

Call out for the yellow tips of props to use Turn Signal Amber ? Really ???

No color call outs for fuselage OD and neutral grey? I know the Belle had a two tone green topside.

This kit has external bomb racks. I must have built the 1/72 Belle a dozen times - no memory of these being on that Belle kit. Are these correct or just extra pieces for other variants. There is mention of "Dinny-Jannie-WW ? Cindy II" on the instructions - am guessing there are a few extra pieces..

thx much - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

You want to use Yellow (FS 33538) for the the prop tips.

Main Colors of Olive Drab and Neutral Gray are correct for the upper and lower surfaces, respectively. Now here, I'm not 100% sure of the color specification and exact locations, but Medium Green blotches were applied to the wing and horizontal stabilizer leading and trailing edges. Here's a link worth checking out for info on the real "Belle."

I believe the bomb racks are extra bits if you're wanting to do the Memphis Belle

Reply to
Don McIntyre