1/48 Monogram B-29

Went to HL and bought the B-29 during the 50% off sale.
CAn anyone point to a source for a build up review of the kit that is
available on the web?
I'm wondering what I got myself into.
Chris
Reply to
Chris Spierings
Howdy;
You may hve gotten yourself into adding another room to your house?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ken Leonard ken snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.earthlink.net [Edit it to make it work.]
Reply to
Ken Leonard
Thanks I realize its gonna be big.
I'm wondering about what sort of building challenges I'll face
Chris
Ken Le> Howdy;
Reply to
Chris Spierings
Martin
Reply to
Martin
Chris:
Only complaint I have ever heard is that the main forward cockpit canopy tends to be too wide. It appears to "spring" apart when it comes out of the mold. I don't know if Squadron-Falcon makes a vac-u-formed replacement. The kit comes from the era of raised panel lines but patience and a scriber will fix if you are hung up on this sort of thing. The original kit had only propellers correct for the Atom Bombers but I understand the molds have had additional props added, correct for the bulk of the W.W.II production birds in the Pacific. The finished aircraft is very impressive, which my Father used to say about the real thing.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Actually, the A-bombers weren't the only B-29s to use the Curtiss Electrics.
Reply to
famvburg
Thanks for the info. folks..
Got some surgery coming up. This might be the one I build during the recovery period.
Chris
Reply to
Chris Spierings
Yes, but I understand that was later - Korean War period. Most W.W.II birds used the Hamilton Standards.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
I have an earlier version. Did it wheels up. The doors don't fit worth a damn. Neither do the bomb bay doors. I bet it all looks fine with the gear down.... It's hanging in my garage now, about 80% done.
Craig
Reply to
Craig
See the post re big Antonovs hereabouts...
RobG
Reply to
Rob Grinberg