Revell 1/48 B-29 question

The local HL now has the Revell 1/48 B-29 in stock. I was thinking of using one of those 40% off coupons on one of these. I was wondering if anyone had any opinion / experience with this kit (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Built one in the 80's. Went together well, IIRC, and had pretty good detail as well. I had it hanging on my wall for many rears.

Don

Reply to
Don Harstad

I never finished mine. It's hanging in the garage...the bomb bay doors and wheel well doors did not seem designed be built as closed. lots and lots of gaps in all the wrong places that really can't be filled. If building wheels up, place where it will not have close examination. Static display it will turn out great I'm sure.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

so the nice built ones i've seen on web sites were all the products of people who spent zillions of hours fixing kit problems? shit, i really thought it would be great to build one and not have to kill myself. are there any correction kits, or add ons that make it better?

well those things I mentioned were the only problems I encountered. If you build wheels down and an open bomb bay, it will build up just fine. I had no concerns with anything else. Only reason I did not finish it is well, married with children, a money pit house, etc.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

ok. i was going to do down and open anyway.

Maybe you should consider using the 40%-off coupon to purchase the small warehouse that you'll need to display it! ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

mine will live on the cieling, head down in a flide bomb attack. i hope.