US Army A-10: What if?

Gt a couple of spare A-10s lying around & I'm thinking of doing one as the proposed firebomber & another as a USA one. Way back when the USAF was talking of retiring them & the Army wanted them, do you think the Army would've given it an Indian (OK, PC, Native American) name? If so, what? Of course it couldn't have been used before. Only names that come to mind are Cherokee or Blackfoot or Navaho. OTOH, there are several USA a/c that never got Indian names, so it's either way I guess. I'm planning on painting it overall OD with USA markings, like the helos. Maybe put a few Hellfires on it.

Reply to
frank

Steve Collins

You might be thinking of the civilian Piper Navaho. They also have a Cherokee.

Reply to
frank

"frank" wrote in news:1118858498.902240.259820 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

That sounds cool. How about a Marine Corps A-10 used mainly for softening up the bad guys before an amphibious assault? That's actually one of it's Air Force roles so it's not a far stretch. Might look good with Corps paint/markings.

TF

Reply to
TForward

I did one of those in 1/144th, using a camo pattern for the F/A-18 and decals for that and AV-8 Harriers.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 Pilot's Log:

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

Reply to
Steve Collins

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (frank) wrote in :