bill b

want me to email you my pics from the danbury train museum? send me some mail so i have your address correct, ok?

Doesn't it show up in my 'Reply To:'?

There's a Danbury, Calif.? I thought the rail museum was in Sacramento. Anyway, I'd love to see them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i forgot you're on dial up. you get to see my best friend....

I think so. I haven't looked at them yet. They took all last evening to download except for when I was on here.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Now I'll have to look, just to see what species. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

careful, sparky!

I don't know. You might have a dog that you didn't mention. I assume it was the lady with all the earrings. She definitely is of the human species. I loved the NYC stuff and I'm guessing that one was a PCC trolley. I've just never seen one with that configuration of doors. The kicker was the "Blunt Bullet" painted up in New Haven markings. I wonder if they stole that from Amtrak and painted it that way for camouflage. :) Thanks muchly!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I forgot to mention that you must have gone in a time machine. All the photos had 2007 dates. So, we're still all here then, are we? Any lottery numbers you want to share? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the winchester was one of the first lrv's. no one wanted it. she only has 2 earrings but those were large. the old guy in black you can guess. he's losing weight quickly. the stuff came from everywhere and is supposed to be in original livery?

damn tardis!

i see. sorta. my rail knowledge is sketchy at best, so any info you can share will be new to me. did you look at their online site? also, do you know where i can find a copy of the interurban book? they had one and i must have a copy. that has all the facts about the interurban system and i can finally verify or disprove the cross country thing. i'm dying to know. i forgot the author.

The only way that new one could be in original livery is if it was purchased by the museum. The NH was folded into PC in '69. The Bullet hit the rails in the '90s. Dang, I gotta look up what the official title is for those things. At this point I can't even recall the manufacturer. It was either EMD or GE, which covers 99.9% of the new diesels on the rails now (in the US).

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just did. Very cool.

What was the title? I'm willing to bet there are several. The one I'm sorta familiar with is "The Interurban Era" by William D. Middleton. I have no idea if it's still in print. The same author wrote "The Time of The Trolley". Those are two-thirds of a trilogy, the third volume of which is "When the Steam Railroads Electrified". I have a copy of the last. For those of us in to heavy traction this book is highly recommended. I have no idea if that one's still in print either. They were published by Kalmbach.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

My friend Marc Frattasio has written a couple of books about the NHRR and is a wealth of knowledge on the subject. Here is a link to his site:

If you contact him, mention my name.

Reply to
M. J. Rudy

it might be the interurban era. i have been searching for the interurban as an open search without much luck. once i see the cover, i will know. we got distracted at the museum and i didn't write it down. this will help, thanks.

thanks! i will certainly do that. i got your email and will attend to the balance today so i don't forget. a big public thank you for the great magazines. i read them cover to cover and then bag them to protect them. i also keep an index.