C'mon Moebius Models - You just gotta repop Big Frankie!!! - See the price for this auction

geez, I think this went for $6.95 ? My brother had one.

Craig

crw59

I don't care about this one (so shoot me! 8-P ) but I'm happy as a clam because I just got my Moebius "The Voyager" and only paid $17.00. Take THAT ePay!

Reply to
The Old Man

I bought that one too, and preordered all their Lost in Space kits too... Not too sure about the paint call out instructions for the Voyager. The blue interior does not sound right.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Looks blue-gray here, with yellow seats:

was a awfully obscure cartoon series to be bringing out models from. The one that would have cool models is Jonny Quest:
the other hand, Dr. Zin's robots spies aren't too difficult to scratchbuild, I turned out two at around $1.40 each.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

On Dec 13, 2:09 pm, The Old Man wrote: On Dec 12, 10:30 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote: geez, I think this went for $6.95 ? My brother had one. Craig

I don't care about this one (so shoot me! 8-P ) but I'm happy as a clam because I just got my Moebius "The Voyager" and only paid $17.00. Take THAT ePay!

I bought that one too, and preordered all their Lost in Space kits too... Not too sure about the paint call out instructions for the Voyager. The blue interior does not sound right. Craig

_________ ___________

I remember the Movie Well. Yess Very Well in fact. But being a Much Earlier Age I was Waaaaaay Too involved in watching the Good Doctors Assistant to notice what the Interior or the Ship Looked Like. What a Brick House She Was back Then and Still IS today

But i'm waiting to get that one as well as the Lost in Space ones Too.

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

I think you are confusing the "Proteus" from the movie Fantastic Voyage, with the "Voyager" from the animated series Fantastic Voyage. This is the girl from the animated series:

's Raquel Welch from the movie:
Proteus looks way different from the Voyager:
the Proteus was designed by Harper Goff, who also designed Disney's Nautilus for the movie 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery
["Fantastic" Voyager]

I wouldn't be surprised if this were more wanted for having been a kit than from memories of the show. I only have vague recollections of having seen the show. (I fear the state of science on TV had dropped by that point that they wouldn't have put forth the neat idea that a design like that could only fly when the size of a bumble bee or smaller.)

Dang it! The thought has been teasing me all weekend that there was another old show so obscure that the model kit has probably been seen by more folks. The "1999" Eagle sounds like a contender, or the reissue of the "Invaders" saucer, but I'm thinking something even more obscure... "ID4" or "Armageddon" will be future contenders.

Hmm... I saw someone's kitbashed Space Ghost cruiser (from a "Roswell" kit), he ought to have some adversary ships to make a set.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

i would love to see some heechee ships. a 4 or a 7 would be cool. i once saw a scratched roger young that was amazing. rah would have loved it.

Reply to
someone

"Buck Rogers" didn't have a very long run, and they made models of the ships from that. There was a horrible Japanese movie called "Message from Space" that had models issued from it. Then there was Disney's "The Black Hole" and its models, which came and went mighty fast. Models from the movie "Dune" didn't exactly fly off the shelves either.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery