CO2 Air Source question

If someone is using Co2 to power their airbrush, I was wondering what size tank you were using. I was looking at (check the link below) at this item at Lowes for a possible air source. They have 10 and 20 oz cylinders. Thee 20 oz. one will run up to 100 lbs. and shoot about

1500 nails from an air nailer. I was just wondering about the possibility of running my airbrush from one of these??

Count DeMoney

I don't think you can? My experience of using CO2 cylinders ( in a soft drinks machine) is that they can be used in short bursts of only about a second before the nozzle freezes over.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Well, it does say "any pneumatic tool". Air drills & impact wrenches operate longer than short bursts.

Reply to
frank

Reply to
frank

Count DeMoney wrote: : If someone is using Co2 to power their airbrush, I was wondering what : size tank you were using. : I am using a 15lb bottle that I got from Ultimate Air. They market it to 4-wheelers for inflating tires after a day playing off road.

Another club member uses, I believe, a 5lb bottle. He gets it refilled around 1 - 2 times/year.

Were I to do it again, I would probably go with a 10lb bottle, which I believe Ultimate Air also offers.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I have access to this setup as a distributor so I am well below the price from Lowes. I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the tip on the bigger air bottles. I'll check out the bigger air bottle. The regulator they provide in the kit seems to work very well......Most of the paintball stores now refill these bottles for little $$$. Blue Rhino is also starting to do an exchange at some of the paintball places.

Reply to
Count DeMoney