Compressors in U.K -- Best/cheapest/ most reliable buys? where?

See subject heading... where can i find a decent low priced compressor for model use, in the u.k.
TIA.
Sparky.

Milton Keynes on Sunday.
http://www.ipmsmk.org.uk /
I got a good deal there 2 years ago.
neil.

for
And if you can't get any joy there, try your local branch of Machine Mart. The usually have a section with discounted returned / mildly defective equipment. I bought my ShAir compressor there; the pressure gauge isn't on straight, but it works fine. Jon.
I'll second the Machine Mart vote - blew my old Rotring(?) compressor after 10 years or so - it cost 120 back then.
So I bought a Clarke Wiz, almost identical, for 70 ( current price ) - and it's much less noisy too
their tanked model compressors start at 105
Good luck
Ian
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IanDTurner) wrote:

after 10

Yeah, Machine Mart do a great range of excellent and cheap compressors!
thanks for the input chaps, the clark Wiz looks a good starter, since i`m new to the hobby, i might give that model a go, cheers for all your help.
sparky. u.k.
> See subject heading... where can i find a decent low priced compressor for > model use, in the u.k. > > TIA. > > Sparky. > > >
as i'm new to modelling as well I'd be very interested in checking out this 'clark wiz' can you post a link to a supplyier of the compressor?
cheers sparky, Richard -london

If yoyu want to see the Wiz, go to:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/search.asp?q=Wiz
Ian
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:45:41 +0000, wrote:

When purchasing a compressor for painting scale models it is also worthwhile considering:
A moisture trap
An air reservoir.
The compressor that I have cost me 160 and is a Ripmax Mini Compressor that I bought from my local hobby shop (Antics in Gloucester). When I got it home I thought it looked somewhat familiar... it's basically a Clarke's 'Wiz' stuck on top of a 3.5 litre reservoir tank and incorporating a moisture trap.
The link is here:
http://www.ripmax.com/ProductFrames/T-RCP102.html
thanks roger, for the link, looks pretty good, unfortunately, its way out of my price range, and being just new to the hobby, i`m still opting for the original wiz... until i get the hang of things. cheers anyway.
Sparky.