Compressors in U.K -- Best/cheapest/ most reliable buys? where?

See subject heading... where can i find a decent low priced compressor for model use, in the u.k.

TIA.

Sparky.

Reply to
Welder63

Milton Keynes on Sunday.

I got a good deal there 2 years ago.

neil.

Reply to
mumbles

And if you can't get any joy there, try your local branch of Machine Mart. The usually have a section with discounted returned / mildly defective equipment. I bought my ShAir compressor there; the pressure gauge isn't on straight, but it works fine. Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

I'll second the Machine Mart vote - blew my old Rotring(?) compressor after 10 years or so - it cost £120 back then.

So I bought a Clarke Wiz, almost identical, for £70 ( current price ) - and it's much less noisy too

their tanked model compressors start at £105

Good luck

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Yeah, Machine Mart do a great range of excellent and cheap compressors!

Reply to
Jonathan

thanks for the input chaps, the clark Wiz looks a good starter, since i`m new to the hobby, i might give that model a go, cheers for all your help.

sparky. u.k.

Reply to
Welder63

as i'm new to modelling as well I'd be very interested in checking out this 'clark wiz' can you post a link to a supplyier of the compressor?

Reply to
Richard Martins

If yoyu want to see the Wiz, go to:

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

When purchasing a compressor for painting scale models it is also worthwhile considering:

A moisture trap

An air reservoir.

The compressor that I have cost me £160 and is a Ripmax Mini Compressor that I bought from my local hobby shop (Antics in Gloucester). When I got it home I thought it looked somewhat familiar... it's basically a Clarke's 'Wiz' stuck on top of a 3.5 litre reservoir tank and incorporating a moisture trap.

The link is here:

Roger Demming

thanks roger, for the link, looks pretty good, unfortunately, its way out of my price range, and being just new to the hobby, i`m still opting for the original wiz... until i get the hang of things. cheers anyway.

Sparky.

Reply to
Welder63