Cost of glue

Went into Hobby Lobby today for some glue for plastic models and got a=20 cramp in my lungs. The 1=BD" square black plastic container with the=20 small tube in one corner was almost $5. When the hell did the price of=20 glue go crazy? They didn't seem to carry any of the liquid ones I had=20 bought there just 6 months ago in jars. What's up with that?

Grandpa John

Reply to
MySelf

Furthermore, those containers with the tube with the very small hole take forever to wet the end so the glue will flow, and I always eventually get them clogged up :-(

I recently bought a bottle of stuff from Plastruct, and have in the past just bought a can of MEK from hardware store. Much cheaper. The advantage of the Testors (and similar) thing is the nice pour spout- nice when it works, but I have given up- never again.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Is Tenax the same stuff as MEK? I've thought about getting some MEK the next time I run out of Tenax, just to try it out. I use that "touch 'n flow" applicator that comes from the same company that makes Tenax and I really like it. If it gets clogged, just soak it in Tenax for awhile. Of course, then you run into the volatile (read rapidly- evaporating) nature of Tenax=85

Reply to
Don McIntyre

MEK, now that's one I remember from my Navy days. I'm sure it'll be=20 cheaper than the tiny square container for $5. The only other glue I=20 saw that HL had was in a tube, for $1.69. And I hate glue in tubes... Grandpa John

Reply to
MySelf

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote in news:08848ab8-d47f- snipped-for-privacy@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I use among other things Testors liquid and the blank bottle. When the metal tube clogs I just put it in a bottle of liquid clue for a bit it will dissolve the clog.

Also I make an effort to squeeze the black bottle while it's upright before putting it away until I hear air. Squeeze, release, squeeze, release. If I hear air whooshing in and out I know the needle is clear and I've never had one clog in storage if I've cleared the needle first.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

The metal wire inside a garbage tie fits the Humbrol and Testors needle, works great and keeps the needle sealed which is more than can be side for the plastic cap which often pulls the needle out of the plastic bottle. Derek Shaw

Reply to
Derek.Shaw