Cover Sheet Sticks to Decals

A friend called to say he had some old Matchbox decals that had become glued to the little cover sheet of waxey paper and wanted to know if they could be
salvaged. Has anyone had any luck salvaging the decals? Personally, I would pitch them and do an alternate scheme but he wants these marks.
Any suggestions?
MB
Milt
Try steaming them off like your would a stamp from an envelope!
--
Scott A. Bregi

Model Building is FUN!.........model building is fun.......model building is
Milton Bell wrote:

Can any of the cover be peeled off, even if it leaves some bits left behind as residue? If so, what if he then applies the decals; and then after they set, and dry, thoroughly....he takes something like an alcohol-moistened cotton swab, and then slowly, and gently, scrubs the remaining residue away? Do you think that might work?
--

Greg Heilers
I had the same trouble with my He 70 decals. I tried soaking them extra long and that didn't change the situation. What I did was apply them, let dry and GENTLY rub a new pencil eraser over the worst areas. The rubber rolled the stuff off. Then I sealed them with Dulcote.
Milton Bell wrote:

naptha-lighter fluid peels them right apart and doesn't cause potential damage like steaming or water.
what he said... :-)
in article UTsZd.1354230$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com, e at snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote on 3/14/05 9:45 PM:

Now that's an idea I hadn't heard. I'll pass that on and see what happens. Thanks for all the suggestions. There's bound to be a solution in there.
MB

it works almost instantly and leaves no trace. everything else sticks or messes.
If you go to http://groups.google.com and search r.m.s. for peteski naphta you'll get few interesting nuggets. :-)
I posted this solution quite a while back in a thread titled "waxed paper cover stuck to old decal "
Enjoy!
Peteski

i've used it on matchbox decals 7-8 times and haven't lost ne.