Decals for Philippines P-40s?

Are there any aftermarket decals for the P-40s that flew in the Philippines in 1941-42? 1/48 preferred. TIA.

Reply to
Matt Wiser

FWIW I suspect that there is very little known about the markings of the Philippine Island defenders to incorporate into a decal sheet. If you have read any of the histories of that affair, very few got out and they didn't have time to take pictures for posterity.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

No decal sheets specifically, but most never wore anything other than the yellow tail numbers. I think William Phillips did a painting or two of Philippine P-40's that can be found as thumbnails on the web, and his stuff is as accurate as most.

Reply to
tomcervo

Try Revell (Germany) 1/48 P40E (04566) in the blue box. Its decals-sheet contains markings for 24PG / 3PS.

Philippines

Reply to
buffalobob

Thanks.

"buffalobob" wrote:

Reply to
Matt Wiser

in article snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net, William H. Shuey at snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net wrote on 2/28/05 10:32 PM:

There's a book "Doomed At The Start" by William Bartsch about the 24th Pursuit Group pilots in the Phillippines that has a few B&W photos that may help and an artist's impression on the cover. For the most part they were pretty plain. There might be enough data for a sheet for ALL the types flown then but it would be a stretch.

I can sure recommend the book and the one that follows, though in this senior moment I can't remember the title.

Milton

Reply to
Milton Bell

Aviation Hiostory had an article on Philippine P-40's a year or so ago including a cover painting of them. They were plain, expcept for individual ac numbers. AAHS also had an article about Philippine P-40's that were captured & flown to Clark Field by Japanese & US pilots and then shipped to Japan with a couple of photos.

Reply to
Stanley Parker