Dodgw WC54 livery question

Hi all,

I am searching for as much as/all different colours (camo, maybe) the Dodge WC54 has been driven around in (in war time).

I've been searching the Net for some pictures but besides the two WWII types of ambulances and I only seem to find Johnny Lightning WC54's (whoever that maybe).

I seem to remember seeing a a flash of a light gray ambu in the movie "Pearl Harbour" which would've been a Navy ambulance.

Can anybody provide me with either pictures, links, ISBN's, etc, or other info.

thanx, Dennis

Reply to
me-me

Try looking at MVT sites and /or military vehicle clubs.

Reply to
Rory

"Rory" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Thanks Rory, but I've written to numerous clubs (U.S and Europe), musea and I think I've seen 90% of all the WC54's on the net and 99% of them are OD ambulances. Now where to get the other 10%

Please somebody help!

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

me-me a formulé la demande :

Hi Dennis,

Feel free to take a look on the FFSMC

You will be able to see a very complete walkaround of a WC54. Colours are the good ones.

Regards

Reply to
Flying Frog

"Flying Frog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@MPLZffsmc.com:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the info, but I already know the WC54 on your site. Wonderful site though!!

BUT, this is another "standard" olive drab ambulance.

I am looking for proof of life for other versions. like:

-Ambulance Navy

-Military Police

-Radio Comm. truck

-Signal Corps

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

me-me avait soumis l'idée :

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your kindness. For information, I'm working on an all new version of the site (the 6th!) with a lot of new fonctions (quicker, more easy for the guests, with some very interesting webshops, etc...).

I will look for other shemes for the WC54. If I find something, I will contact you directly by email.

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

There are some nice color photo collections that came out during the late 1990s that have pictures of the WC54 ambulance in Europe. Surprisingly, even though the vehicles were "overall OD" they are actually quite colorful and a real challenge to paint up. Most of it appears to be due to touch-up painting and normal wear and weathering, and at least one is visibly three different shades of OD.

Also the 1st ID had some rather colorful markings as (for security reasons) they did not use unit codes on the bumpers but color codes, and apparently 1st Med BN used a yellow-and-black checkerboard. Add in the red and white colors (note that Archer Fine Transfers makes a great set of rubons just for this vehicle) and it is very, very colorful.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com avait énoncé :

Thanks for that. I live at some kms of the Saumur Tnak Museum, one of the most beautiful in the world at present, but the only one whom it has is there the one that is on my site. On the other hand, I am going to ask them if they have other documents on this subject. I will also ask to collectors clubs.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Thanks for all the input guys, but I'm not gonna build a dodge WC54, I'm in the proces of producing a 1/48th scale resin kit. and I need info on the different versions that I can issue. I'm thinking about three different kits with choice of two versions each. The normal OD types (2) and the Navy type all with a version of a more obscure one, like a communications truck or something.

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
me-me

Lots of them were converted into fire engines. I.E. airfield crash trucks. I have seen black and white pictures of those in service with the Swiss Air Force (at their AF museum in Dübendorf) and some were used also on Italian airfields. These weren't supposed to be necessarily civilian vehicles like the many wreckers still in use in the late '70s here and there. Considered the scale, an item of airfield ground equipment would be surely interesting to mate many post-ww2 subjects.

Reply to
Luca Beato

Luca Beato wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hi Luca,

As I said; thank you very much for this piece of info.

If anybody has or knows of ANY pictures of this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis Loep

Reply to
me-me