Does resin have memory? I have to fix a bent sword.

got the Moebius Conan figure. the sword needs a little straightening with a blow dryer.

Once I do that, will the correction stay or will it slowly go back to its original condition?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

What I've done - and it works - is to submerge the piece in hot water (not boiling, very hot nonetheless) for a moment or two. The piece should snap back into its original shape. Then that the piece and put it in the refrigerator (or if your in western New York like me, outside) for a few minutes. This chill will "freeze" the piece in its original shape and make it stiff again. BTW, I envy you your build. One hundred forty bucks is way too rich for my blood - which would be shed if I ever went and bought the piece. Hope this helps.

Reply to
The Old Man

thx. will give it a try. I found the figure on closeout for $89 at Tower Hobbies so I got a bit lucky. The scale was way off with this kit. I think its listed as 1/6 or 1/8 ?? Its much bigger than that. Looks more like a 1/5 scale figures. These things are big. If the Death of Belit figure is the same scale I would make a point to get the kit. You can preorder here for $117 with a $15 off code.

Craig

Musicman59

I recently went through the exercise of building a spreadsheet to add up the cost of all the aftermarket stuff I'd like to order for that kits I already HAVE...

...I could buy a couple more guitars for that amount of money!

Reply to
Rufus

From your past messages, you could buy a Lamborghini with what you spent on guitars. :-)

Reply to
willshak

...a Camaro maybe, but not a Lambo...;)

Reply to
Rufus

How about a Gold Wing with a sidecar?

Reply to
The Old Man

...YUCK...more like two Harleys...wait...I got two Harleys...ok...one more Harley...and a guitar.

Reply to
Rufus

Went for a ride with a former co-worker on his radically modified Harley trike, powered by Volkswagen. That was a couple of weeks ago, before the weather turned to (frozen) crap. Only problem with the trike was the two lard-ass riders (owner Retz is a runt and he was in the middle). We shifted the center of gravity back over the rear axle so that we popped wheelies every time he took off from a light. By the time I got home, I was getting seasick. Trike is put away for the duration.

Reply to
The Old Man

...that's not a Harley - that's a Volkswagen! One of our guys recently put a side-hack on his Ultra Classic - THAT'S a Harley...

Near to freezing rain here this morning, so I didn't even bother riding to the club breakfast...or riding in our Christmas parade. But we'll get some better days through the winter...ahhhh...desert living...

Reply to
Rufus