Dragon 1/6 Jeep. No engine? Yikes!!

Big cavernous engine bay and no engine. I genuinely feel cheated. I bought it at quite a discount at a monthly meeting, The folks were selling a deacased
relative's kits and the money was going to help the teenage boy with scouting or some other activity. So I omly looked to see that the bags were sealed.
My understanding is that Dragon made an engine, but released it only very briefly as a show perk at DX08.
Anyway, so far I heard about someone in Europe who claimed to have a Go Devil but some reviews say it's completely wrong.
I found something called Liberty classic who makes metal display 1/6 engines, but they seem to make mostly race engines.
Hawk makes a 1/6 flathead V8. I'm thinking that if scratchbuilding is the way to go, I wonder if that would be a reasonable starting place?
Or if someone has another suggestion?
The WW2 Jeep had a straight 4, not a V8, so I'm going to guess that you'd need to scratch a donk for your kit. There's lots of references available online, and 1:1 Jeeps aren't terribly hard to find, so getting the details right shouldn't be a major drama. Good luck with it. :)
Try here for a start.
http://www.rensjeep.com/
RobG (the Aussie one)
On 11/07/2013 9:16 PM, RobG wrote:

A Ford flat head 4 cylinder engine , the same one as the A model Ford . Friend of mine has two 1942 Jeeps( Ford Manufacture) and a lifetime supply of engines .