Ebay and stuff fir sale

I'm a little bummed about the whole deal with eBay. After being a buyer and foing pretty well for many years I had decided that I really have far more
modesl than I will ever build. The number is staggering! Easily 3000+. Even looking throughtnthem and thinking what I want to get rid of the remainder is still pretty intimidating and new kits released this year don't help.
1/350 cruisers, 1/24 Mosquito, 1/72 Kreigslokomotive. etc all will find a place in my stash this year.
In any case for selling a personal collection do y'all think eBay is still a reasonably good idea? I mean selling them buld is a loser, I've got a couple places nearby I could go but have serious doubts what I'd get in lots of 100 or more.
I'll post some batches here first but last time I did got no response.
What are people looking for? Ships 1/350, 1/400, 1/700, 1/720? Armor 1/35? Air 1/48, 1/72; 1/32 jets? Odd scale Revell, etc
I mean it's taken me maybe 20+ years to amass this mess. Even at 10 a week it'll take 6 years to whittle the pile down to what I might be able to finish before I die!
Frank
I like 1/48 aircraft and 1/300-1/350 ships.

Sounds like a plan!
Hub
What E-bay has done is lower the listing fee a bit and jacked up the final value fees close to 67% on lower sales items. In other words, if you're selling a car their hikes won't hurt as much but for items listed under $100 they really bite deep. You can plan for the bite by raising your opening bids but you run the risk of scaring the bidders away.
Bill Banaszak
Gray Ghost wrote:

Good luck! That was my operating principle and the main reason why I find the new rules poisonous. In my case I was trying to find new homes for my collection. I rarely made much of a profit on the kits but often did on the built models. That says that E-bay is plainly screwy. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Gray Ghost wrote:

Frank,
I'd be interested in 1/48 A-4's. Various versions thereof.
Regards
Bill

1/48th for me too, please.
--
Cheers,

Bert-Jan
(Gray Ghost)

Yeah we moved them with us from VA to KY. OCD ain't the half of it. It made me shudder when I was boxing them up and realized how many U-Haul boxes it was taking and we're talking large and extra large boxes. A lot of time went into packing the "hobby shop". I'm unboxing now and I fear I need more shelves. I told my wife I needed to unpack it all so I could look for dupes, etc and make some decisions about what needs to go, she's been a really good sport about it all. Dortuneately we have a good deal more room available now. I need to put a stop to this now before I fill up the new space. Yikes!
Well as I tell her at least I ain't out drinkin' and whorin'. She knows where I am.
Frank
Frank,
E-Bay one or two at a time would probably garner the best price. But packaging and shipping a large number of individual purchases woul take a lot of trips to the PO.
I haven't seen much success in selling larger groups of kits or whole collections on E-Bay.
Assuming they still have vendor space at the VA Bch IPMS Nats, selling there would bring the greatest chance of success. Of course, after having packed everything and moved from VA to KY, turning around and going right back may not have much appeal. The Atlanta show in June will be well attended so that is another possibility. I enjoy vending at IPMS shows. One meets a number of very nice fellow modelers.
Art

Yeah, I'm looking for shows in my area. Hoping soome of the local meets will bear some fruit.
Actually I plan to do it as I've seen others do. 1 post office run a week. If you've paid by then it goes. I think this autommated postage deal looks hopeful so I don't need to stand around forever.
Frank