Enlarging scale ratios

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the parts of a 1/72 boat as attached to the sprue and bring it to a place like Kinko's to enlarge it 3 times to 1/24 scale? This makes it so much more easier than measure and plot.

Reply to
ppp

Never tried to do Kinko's, but I use my flatbed scanner all the time to get

1:1 images of parts and places that parts have to fit. If the sprue is flat enough, you should be able to close the copier cover and get an enlargement of around 1.5:1 since that's all most commercial copiers go. But copying that copy again at the same magnification gives you 1.5x1.5=2.25x enlargement and so forth Norm
Reply to
Norm Dresner

I did try both scanner enlargements and photocopier enlargements. There is much peripheral distortion and difficulty in getting the magnification step-up just right. Plus a lot of cut and paste where by the second repro step the edge lines no longer match. 3 x at one go should provide a much better solution if that is at all possible. But in writing this post an idea occured to me that I can do a 1:1 scan then use a black drafting pen to render the part's outline as a plan drawing that can enlarged.

Reply to
ppp