F2H Banshee landing gear doors HELP

I'm building both academy and airfix banshees
There is a big difference in lenght of the two models, also the position of
the landing gear doors in inverted.
On the airfix they are placed inside of the gear legs which correlates to the pictures I have found on the net, including F2H 3/4 but the instructions on the academy model places them on the outside.
Could somebody help on both accounts ?
Thanks
Jose
Dr. Jose M. Paliza wrote:

I'm afraid I can't help with the positioning of the gear doors.
I can, however, explain the difference in length of the two models. The Airfix kit is of an F2H-2. The Academy kit represents the later F2H-3 and -4. The -3 version had a stretched fuselage to allow fitment of larger fuel tanks. The nose was also longer and housed a radar.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:36:59 +0000, Enzo Matrix wrote:

Also, you will need to extend the nose gear of your -3/4 by about 5mm in order for it to sit properly. As far as I can find out, the Academy kit instructions are wrong. The doors should be on the inboard portion of the strut on both aircraft since the wing was unchanged between the two versions.
--
Jess

It would also be rather silly for the strut to be on the outside of the door when retracted, wouldn't it?

Go to http://svsm.org/ for landing gear detail photos.
In the gallery of modern fighters, there are pictures I'd taken of the Banshee in Elmira NY. It may have the necessary references you need.
---Stephen Tontoni