For those interested in W.W.I...

a friend of mine associated with the Army museum at Carlisle says that
researchers in Germany have located the lost records of the Imperial
Prussian Army from W.W.I. Seems they were loaded into a train, run into
an old unused tunnel in a mountain somewhere and the entrances were
dynamited. First word is much is in good condition, I bet researchers
are drooling. Should be a lot of Prussian Aviation records in there too.
Many of the Prussian Jasta's records have never been found.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
This would be newsworthy; has anyone seen something about this? I'd be interested in reading more about it.
-- Stephen
Reply to
Stephen Tontoni
Wow, hard to believe things could get 'lost' in Europe. Population density is somewhat higher than on this continent. You'd think someone would have tripped over everything by now.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Googling indicates most Prussian military records were destroyed in '45.

eyeball
So, are we looking at a "Friend of a Friend" Urban Legend here?
Reply to
Sir Ray
That's my first thought,but I'd love to find otherwise.
Reply to
eyeball