For those interested in W.W.I...

a friend of mine associated with the Army museum at Carlisle says that researchers in Germany have located the lost records of the Imperial Prussian Army from W.W.I. Seems they were loaded into a train, run into an old unused tunnel in a mountain somewhere and the entrances were dynamited. First word is much is in good condition, I bet researchers are drooling. Should be a lot of Prussian Aviation records in there too. Many of the Prussian Jasta's records have never been found.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

This would be newsworthy; has anyone seen something about this? I'd be interested in reading more about it.

-- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Wow, hard to believe things could get 'lost' in Europe. Population density is somewhat higher than on this continent. You'd think someone would have tripped over everything by now.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Reply to
eyeball

So, are we looking at a "Friend of a Friend" Urban Legend here?

Reply to
Sir Ray

That's my first thought,but I'd love to find otherwise.

Reply to
eyeball