goddam history channel

If they were up your ass you'd know!

Reply to
John DeBoo

I'm missing something here, what is/was on the Histerical Channel and will it be shown again?

Reply to
The Old Man

not a funny as your face.

Reply to
someone

b- grade show on the 262. it will be rerun endlessly. my 3rd view, i believe.

Reply to
someone

It will be on History International at 7pm EST...hurry and get those Tivos and VCRs ready...

Reply to
eyeball

John DeBoo wrote in news:1KidnaC7Rf4p8d7bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yeah but if they had the radar arrays they'd itch like all get out. Ouch!

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

The Old Man wrote: : : I'm missing something here, what is/was on the Histerical Channel and : will it be shown again? : Do yourself a favor, and turn off the volume. That way, you won't notice all of the gaffs the History Channel docu- dramas tend to spew.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

little johnny's rhoids would itch.

Reply to
someone

way ahead of ya, buddy. i was checking out new bands. found a jem, too. check out the tunes theda bera and have you ever had a broken heart. green eyeliner is good.

someone

I was watching a PBS series on Warplanes. The session last night had even more errors than the rest of the series. I usually expect more from PBS than the History channel, but last night's episode would make History channel stuff look like gospel. The video shots were neat, and made it worth watching, but the "scientific explanations" were so oversimplified they went way beyond being incorrect.

BTW, that program also had a lot about the 262 and its engines.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Yup, then I'd have to give you a scratch.

Reply to
John DeBoo

Wednt to BJ's Club about a month ago and bought a five-disk set "A Century of Flight". They passed off a Wright Model A (Signal Corps) as the Flyer I, showed pictures of Gotha Bombers and called them the Zepplin R-Bombers. The disks were probably put together by the History Channel. On thing I ~did~ see on the disk in the WWI section; they showed Nieuport single-seat fighters (11s or 17s?) with a machine gun on the upper wing. It was an upper wing that had a definate (small, maybe 5=B0, but very obvious) sweep-back. When I saw that in "Flyboys", I thought someone made a mistake, but these antique photos show that at least ~some~ of them had that feature.

Reply to
The Old Man

i have seen that one also and it really made me sad. even my fave show on pbs, nova, has dumbed down.

Reply to
someone

Definitely a Nieuport scout. For me the fastest ID clue on 11s and 17s is the cowling around the engine. Generally, fully-cowled are 17s and/or 24s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

The Nieuport Vee-strutters did have some sweepback on the wings.The earlier models 11 (80HPengine) and 16 (110HP) had shorter wings. The later 17, 23,

24, 27 had longer wings and the amount of sweepback was reduced.

TD

Reply to
T Dynia