Gold Knight of Nice

Well, my "Monogram" Gold Knight of Nice came in yesterday and it's a
honey. The only difference that I've seen (so far after a cursory
glance) in that the plastic is molded in light grey instead of the
original black (horse) and gold (armor) It's made from the original
molds and I'm looking forward to building it this summer.
It's my understanding that ATlantis will be reissuing the Crusader and
the Viking figures "sometime in the near future". I'll be looking
forward to those as well. Any hints for the Steve Canyon/U.S. Air
Force Pilot???
SIDENOTE: I'll be putting my Aurora Gold Knight up for sale on ePay
later this month, as I will with all of the unmade kits that have been
replaced either by newer molds/decals or better scales.
Regards,
John Braungart
Reply to
The Old Man
Not a problem if you wish to reproduce the original, you can find him here:
Cheers,
Moramarth
Reply to
Moramarth
Monogram" Gold Knight of Nice came in yesterday and it's a
Thanks for the link! It'll be a big help when I start building this kit.
Reply to
The Old Man
That's great to find out the model represented a real suit and wasn't from a modelmaker's imagination. Now I need to find time to restore my original.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad Modeller
I believe it is a composite, but a good one, and a nice representation of the Gothic style. The horse armour is a set, the rider's armour may be from several garnitures, and the gauntlets are 19th Century reproductions.
Well, at least this guy has good quality, shiny gear. Going downmarket, the armour could be covered in cloth or painted to disguise it's lack of quality. Munition armours for militias could be left forge-blackened. And when I say painted, it becomes a nightmare for wargamers: you can rub-and-buff his sallet helmet, but in 28mm scale you just can't reproduce these contemporary examples:
?blacksallet1490b.jpghttp://pics.myarmoury.com/view.html?blacksallet1490c.jpghttp://pics.myarmoury.com/view.html?blacksallet1490v2.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nephtys/Medieval%20European%20Armour/Painted_sallet_1500.jpg> Cheers,
Moramarth
Reply to
Moramarth