Has anyone seen a pic of this B-17 kit? 12'o'clock high

going for $300 now.

anyone know of a site that has a pic of the finished kit? About the closest I will ever get to owning it.

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

OMG - this is such an addictive website. I'm seeing my entire modeling life since 1965 in front of me. Please forgive me if I don't do any work today...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Musicman59 wrote the following:

No, I even googled with no luck. If that 1/156 under the pic means 1/156 scale, the 3 models will be

5-3/4 inches long. Kinda small. I wouldn't imagine much detail.
Reply to
willshak

maybe I could build a box formation with all the 1/48 kits I have...

5 inches does seem a bit small., for $300. I think Hasegawa builds a 1/200 series for about $10 each? Looks like you are buying the box art more than a model.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

or speculation for future sale as a collector's item.

Reply to
willshak

Take a look at:

shows a single B-17 from aurora at about the right scale. If so $300 for 3 seems a bit high.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Hooray! Something to look at tomorrow instead of Willy's Wedding!

Cheers,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

My brother had one when we were kids. As noted the B-17s are about

1/156 scale but it came with a clear T-shaped stand so they would "fly" in a part of a "box" on their stand.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Val Kraut wrote the following:

That's a good indication of the size next to the full sized medals and USAAF patch. The patch is 2-1/2" in diameter

Reply to
willshak

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:eda20b60-552b-422c-84d7- snipped-for-privacy@d27g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

You could use the Academy/Minicraft 1/144 B-17s to sorta replicate it. They are Gs but I have flirted with the idea of converting one to an F. All it would take is removing the chin turret.

They are probably the most available of the small B-17s. You could do a whole Group.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

On 4/28/2011 11:44 AM, Musicman59 wrote:>

I remember when Kresge's was trying hard to sell off their stock. I should have stockpiled them for future earnings growth. LOL I've been on that site before and I'm astonished at the wanted prices for the kits there. I'd probably be more astonished that people fork over that much cash for them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

OMG, I built this in June of 1967 while listening to Incense Of Peppermint, WoW

The stand pylons that held the b 17's had bomb decals you put on them.

Thanx for the memories !

Reply to
AM