Has anyone seen a pic of this B-17 kit? 12'o'clock high

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail 997&page=2&manu=Aurora
going for $300 now.
anyone know of a site that has a pic of the finished kit? About the
closest I will ever get to owning it.
thx - Craig

OMG - this is such an addictive website. I'm seeing my entire modeling life since 1965 in front of me. Please forgive me if I don't do any work today...
Craig

Hooray! Something to look at tomorrow instead of Willy's Wedding!

Cheers,
Moramarth
Musicman59 wrote the following:

No, I even googled with no luck. If that 1/156 under the pic means 1/156 scale, the 3 models will be 5-3/4 inches long. Kinda small. I wouldn't imagine much detail.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

maybe I could build a box formation with all the 1/48 kits I have... 5 inches does seem a bit small., for $300. I think Hasegawa builds a 1/200 series for about $10 each? Looks like you are buying the box art more than a model.
Craig
Musicman59 wrote the following:

or speculation for future sale as a collector's item.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Val Kraut wrote the following:

That's a good indication of the size next to the full sized medals and USAAF patch. The patch is 2-1/2" in diameter
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You could use the Academy/Minicraft 1/144 B-17s to sorta replicate it. They are Gs but I have flirted with the idea of converting one to an F. All it would take is removing the chin turret.
They are probably the most available of the small B-17s. You could do a whole Group.
On 4/28/2011 11:44 AM, Musicman59 wrote:> <pre wrap>

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail 997&amp;page=2&amp;manu=Aurora
I remember when Kresge's was trying hard to sell off their stock. I should have stockpiled them for future earnings growth. LOL I've been on that site before and I'm astonished at the wanted prices for the kits there. I'd probably be more astonished that people fork over that much cash for them.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
On 4/28/2011 12:44 PM, Musicman59 wrote:

OMG, I built this in June of 1967 while listening to Incense Of Peppermint, WoW
The stand pylons that held the b 17's had bomb decals you put on them.
Thanx for the memories !
--
AM

http://sctuser.home.comcast.net