Hasegawa P40: "The kit has more inserts than a Sunday newspaper . . ."

" . . .and one can only hope that the fit of all these is up to snuff."

So says the preview in Modelling Madness. Have fun finding out, guys; I won't be on this trip. Having been burned by their AV-8B, I won't be buying another kit with so many badly engineered parts. The AV-8B is buildable only with massive amounts of trial fittings, pull-aparts and putty. I'll do that with an old Monogram kit from the 60's of a subject available nowhere else, but I won't pay $30 for a jigsaw puzzle of a kit. I take that back--even the cheapest jigsaw puzzle is engineered to fit together properly. And spare me to argument that Hasegawa does this to make it's precision molds available to all marks--it's not like there's no other P-40's out there, and it's not like these molds won't be in service when our grandchildren are building models--take a look at their latest reboxing of the early 60's F-105.

Reply to
tomcervo

Strange, my Hasegawa Harrier II fit just fine, a joy to build. I'm buying the P-40!

BW

Reply to
Brian Whitworth

The Monogram AV8B is still a very nice kit, anyway...right out of the box.

Reply to
Rufus

Oh? You must have gotten a good one. Mine didn't--and I haven't seen a review of it yet which didn't mention the the whole forward fuselage/wing fit without coming up with their own solution to it, some of them contradictory. So I'll hold off until I see some reviews and builds. If it goes okay, fine--I'm half sold on the Ed Rector (instead of Robert Scott) markings alone.

Reply to
tomcervo

I picked up the Hasegawa P-40 on Friday. I think it will be just fine. Also I will not be getting rid of any of my AMTech or AMT P-40's either. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
M Bryant