Does involve a kit..... Maybe....

It's a quiz! Identify this aircraft from a poor description provided by someone who may be misremebering it entirely.
I had picture book as child, (early 60's) that had lots of what were
then modern aircraft, military and civillian. It had a B-47 among others. One of the planes was an American military aircraft, (expeimental or operational, I don't know...), from the late 50's-very early 60's. It was unique in my memory because of the engine placement , which were jets mounted on the fuselage sides on pylons -ahead- of the wings. Seems to me Collect-Aire had a kit of it at one time but if they did it's no longer available. The book is hiding somewhere but I was wondering if anybody knows what I'm talking about or am I misremembering things. Brain is getting rusty...
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 30, 5:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote:

Sounds like one of those C. B. Colby picture books from the late 1950s.
Aircraft in question sounds like the Martin XB-51 which had two engines below the pilot's cockpit on pylons and one more in the tail.
Cookie Sewell
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:24:29 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Sort of related: Last week I was in Middle River, MD, a Baltimore suburb where the original Martin aircraft plant was located. I visited relatives who live in the Areo Acres development, adjacent to the Victory Villa development. These were built during WWII to house workers at Martin. All the streets are named for aircraft parts or related. They have names like Glider, Propeller, Dihedral, Ripcord, Fuselage, Compass, etc.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:24:29 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ka-Ching!!!! Cookie wins the prize! A font of knowledge in things military! That's the one and Collect-Aire -did- do a model of it in 1/48. One went for $282 on E-Bay last month. (Drat) There's an Anigrand 1/72 up for bids at the moment. Looks like a fairly decent kit, (resin), and given the size and design of the original aircraft would probably not be a bad kit to build. Thaks again, Cookie. I owe you a cold one or whatever other libation you would prefer if you're ever up here in the wilds of Eastern Ontario...
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 2, 9:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote:

Sounds like Moosehead, eh? 8-)
Cookie Sewell
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

labatts, baby!
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:16:04 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Lot's of good small breweries here abouts. There's a good one called Church Key not far from where we have a cottage. They'll fill a 64 oz jug for you from tap in the wall behind the cash.... Gotta love it.
'course the alcohol content might be a little high for you 'merican fellas..... ;-)
"...on the 8th day God made Single malt scotch. Pleased with the result' on the 9th day He made small batch bourbon..."
Add pictures here
✖

on the 10th day he lost the can opener and was hung in effigy.
Add pictures here
✖

After EKU 28 in Germany (56 proof!) most of the rest is a lot tamer...
Cookie Sewell
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 15:21:44 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I stand corrected. Or if i was drinking that stuff I wouldn't be standing for long.....
Add pictures here
✖

will the gentleman on the floor please repeat that?
Add pictures here
✖
<> One of the planes was an American military aircraft, (expeimental or

Could be Douglas B-66 Destroyer. Monogram made a model that featured a pull up piston on wing center that when forced down pushed a bomb out of the bomb bay. Around the same time as the Monogram F-105 with the operating ejection seat.
Val Kraut
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 30, 5:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@ripnet.com wrote: