Heller Rafale A

I have seen the kit in the Squadron flyers. I understand it is basically the demonstrator model. Any comments on accuracy, quality, etc. from anyone who has seen the kit??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

While not up to the standard of the later Revell kits of the production Rafales, it's a pretty decent kit, especially for Heller. The panel lines are recessed. I have the "Hi Tech" version of the kit which has PE and white metal details.

It is definitely the Rafale A demonstrator, which has a number of differences from the production birds, including physically being a larger aircraft.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Revell 1/48 Rafales? I wasn't aware of those. I take it they are Revell, Germany productions.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yup, Rafale Ms (single-seat naval variant) to be exact. Rev/Monogram repopped these kits three or four years back. Really nice kit too.

FWIW, I read an article on one of the modeling webzines bout a builder that converted a Revell Rafale M to a Rafale C (single seat air defense variant) using the Heller kit's landing gear.

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Yes, Revell Germany did two versions, the single seat M naval fighter and the twin seat B air force bird. The M (but not the B) was also reboxed by US Revell. Very nice kits and they have been out for a couple of years.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

A better way to a C might be to just swap gears and other parts between a M and a B to give a single seat C and two seat N.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

I'm not sure what scale we are talking about here. I have a 1/72 Heller Rafale A, and it definitely has raised panel lines. I'm sure because I rescribed them. I remember some fit problems with the radome, and the movable canard required some modifications to work well. It has decals for the white bird with some blue striping I believe.

Rob de Bie

My models:

Me 163B site:

Rob de Bie