heyford

the kit has all matchbox markings on it. so does the m2 110. the hobbytown guy said the 110 was made in china.

Reply to
someone

Interesting. Mattel got the rights to the die-cast cars but I do not know if there was some sort of mould sharing deal arranged between Mattel and Revell AG. IIRC, I still have one of the Ertl-Esci kits moulded in China and carrying the old titles on the box. Had they been done here I suppose they would have been marked as AMT kits. These moulds and their origins can be as convoluted as a family relationship on a soap opera.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

sure looks like it. but as long as the good ones are still used, who cares. the heyford was about $15. the 110 was $10.

Reply to
someone

I've seen quite a few of the old Matchbox kits over on evil-bay, made in China. Quality is good enough, if you can find a cheap importer and can stomach dealing with the People's Republic of hypocrisy and greed yet again.

Reply to
eyeball

i get them at hobby town. they don't have chinese on them but neither does levi, jordache or ford.

Reply to
someone

The matchbox kits do have chinese instructions, at least some of them.

Reply to
eyeball

Reply to
someone