Hobby Boss 1/72nd Aircraft

Hello,

Does anybody know anything about these Hobby Boss models? Seems pretty amazing that a new company would be investing in a line of 1/72nd models. They already have a lot of kits out! Could these be from old Airfix/Heller tools? Maybe Heller pawned the tools.

Woody

Reply to
warhawkp40

From the finescale forum

Trumpeter, actually. And not really a "division," as we'd generally think of it...it's...difficult to explain. Hobby Boss is basically just Trumpeter with a different name.

Anyway, I've seen all the Hobby Boss kits, and they're almost all quite good, particularly the 1/48 T-34s (they really dropped the ball with their Shermans, though). The aircraft are molded with the least amount of parts possible. The control sticks are even molded into the floors of some of the cockpits, which are molded as part of the lower wing half! Nicely molded, too. I think the Spitfire had really thin prop blades...like toothpicks. Other than that, they all looked nice to me.

Reply to
NOCKERS

Someone on FineScale Forum says that the Hobby Boss aircraft kits are Trumpeter Easy Model ready-made models re-released in kit form. I've never seen them in either form but I fancy their F4U-4 if it's a decent kit.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

They are, indeed, the Easy Model models released as kits. Very good for beginners and for those of us who like to pack the shelves with things that look really neat.

I've bought several of the Easy Model subjects and 'll get many of the kits for the kids in the neighborhood who want to try models.

Best news n yeaqrs for the hobby.

Tom

Gord> Someone on FineScale Forum says that the Hobby Boss aircraft kits are

Reply to
maiesm72

Do you have the F4U-4, Tom? I've been waiting for an accurate -4 in 1/72 scale for a long time.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Ah, that makes sense. Are these accurate models? Wonder if they are good enough to throw in some resin to make nice models. They are cheap indeed.

Woody

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com wrote:

Reply to
Woody Yeung

Al

I have the Easy Model F4U-4, but can't get to at the moment. Suffered a collapse of a section of bookshelves in the garage and I'm replacing all of the shelves with cabinets. Big piles. I can, however, pick one up for you next weekend when I'm in either Berkeley or San Mateo where two of my favorite shops carry them.

Let me know f you would like me to get one for you.

Tom

Al Superczynski wrote:

via email.

Reply to
maiesm72

I'd advise getting shelves with a higher load limit but then the house will probably start sinking.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Thanks, Tom, but I want to know if it's accurate before I part with any of my hard-earned. I don't care how detailed it is, just that its outline is accurate.

Reply to
Al Superczynski