Hobby Shops in Marin County

For as long is I've lived in Santa Cruz I know almost nothing about north of the Gate. Anything?

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Hi John,

No help here, but I was wondering, IYO, what is the best south of the gate?

I'm in Sac.

Danny

Reply to
Danny Stone

Gunnings Hobbies

538 San Anselmo Ave, San Anselmo CA

I've never been in the store....only gazed through the windows while it was closed.

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Mt. View--San Antonio Hobbies Campbell (San Jose)--D&J Hobbies San Francisco-Franciscan Hobbies on Ocean St. San Mateo--Talbot's Toys (pretty good, don't let the name fool you) San Lorenzo--Hobbies Unlimited (this one is like a piece of the 60's) San Carlos--J&M Hobby House (this one is an old art deco 2 story..very cool)

That's about it.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Not much in Marin County.

Gunnings in San Anselmo has a bit, but not much. All that's left from the original owners and stock is the name and a handful of kits. I have fifty times as much in my garage.

Doolhouse, Trains & More in Ignacio (just south of Novato on the west side of the highway) has a few models, but is mostly trains. Good place for diorama stuff.

In San Francisco there is also Hobby Company on Geary west of 19th Avenue.

My favorite of all is the basement hobby shop in Berkeley Ace Hardware. Great stock, some older kits from collections, lots of tools, etc.

If you are going to be in Marin let me know and we can go over some of the stuff that I have piled high. E-mail me for phone number, etc.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Plastic Sugeon

642 Fifth St Santa Rosa, CA 95404 707-568-0496 Great Shop. Scott There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
Reply to
SnJmodprod

I'll second that. Very much like the better shops of the '60s. Personable, good stock, willing to help you search.

They are also the host for the IPMS Santa Rosa group and help sponsor the yearly contest.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Fremont: Scenario Game & Hobby Newark; Hobbytown

Both are mid-sized shops with decent selection.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert