Hobbystores in Maui

Heading for Maui for vacation in July and was wondering if there were any Hobbystores there. Hoping for one that might carry some Japanese garage kits. Eric

Reply to
Teresa

Teresa,

I was in Maui in 2004. Between luaus and beaches, I made a quick look in the Maui yellow pages under Hobbies and could find no entries. Apparently, some people's view of paradise does not include plastic modeling.

Kaliste Saloom IPMS #30703 IPMS/Acadiana Plastic Modelers Lafayette, LA

Reply to
Kaliste

"Teresa" wrote in news:L9-dnYDL0qyc8u_ZRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I think if you are in Maui with you're honey and you're worried about hobby shops you may be way to into the hobby, bordering on obsession.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

And your point is? :p

Kaliste

Reply to
Kaliste

Frank never takes a break........;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nextline.com:

I do beleive that if I were in Hawaii with the lovely Mrs. Tauss I could find a few other things to see and do than another dang hobbyshop.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Kind of off topic but...

I visited Hawaii back in '87 and people warned me about the high price of gasoline. On Kauai, you really can't drive too far but I eventually needed to fill up the rental car tank. I pulled into a gas station and looked at the pump and the price was actually a little CHEAPER than my mainland gas station. I felt like I was getting a pretty good deal and my friends had no idea what they were talking about. As I was pumping the gas, it dawned on me that the price was per LITER not GALLON. With about four liters to the gallon, I now realized what people had warned me about ;^)

BTW: I didn't see a single model kit in all my travels on Kauai - and I did look. When we arrived in Honolulu, I found a combination army surplus store and hobby shop that had a few kits, but I didn't buy anything. I figured it was my honeymoon and I didn't want to start out on the wrong foot with my new wife. It must have worked - we're still married and I have still manged to amass an impressive collection of (mostlyy unbuilt) kits. ;^) I think she got tired and jealous of my involvement with "fine scale modeling" & IPMS and she recently joined a quilt club and has taken up quilting. Unfortunately, she's turned out to be a better quilter than I am a modeler.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector