How Small Are 1:350 Aircraft

It sounds like a dumb question i know, But i've seen some combination boxes with several aircraft in, and i wondered if they are big enough to bother with. Any links to pictures would be great

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

Well, if a full size aircraft happened to be 35 feet in length (very roughly the length of a modern fighter), in 1:350 scale, it would be a tenth of an foot long. Usually that scale is used for either 1.) models of larger aircraft such as airliners or bombers, or 2.) for naval aircraft that would be placed on a

1:350 aircraft carrier model (1:350 is a popular ship scale). A modern carrier (CVN) would be about three feet in length in that scale. Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)
Reply to
Ives100

A "roundabout" way to envision them: about one-fifth the size of the same aircraft in 1/72nd scale.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

snipped-for-privacy@my-addy.com (Zardos) wrote in :

Those Tamiya sets, you mean? Those aircraft are about 3-5 cm long and wide. With only 2-5 parts per aircraft, they aren't very detailed. I'd only bother with them if I had a matching aircraft carrier.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Only 35 ft? try 1 1/2 times to twice that!

Reply to
frank may