IAI Lavi--resources?

Any kits, vacforms or resins; any conversion how-to's? I've seen some drawings, but I'm laaazzzzyyyy.

Reply to
tomcervo

At one of the local IPMS meetings, someone was converting Trumpeter's "new Chinese fighter" into a Lavi. The story he gave was that the Chinese had "bought" the rights to the Lavi from the Isreal and this aircraft was the "production" model of the Lavi. Don't know if I really believe that, but the Trumpeter kit might be fairly close and provide a good basis for a Lavi.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

The Lavi had more in common with the F-16 than the J-10. Somewhere on the 'net there's an article on converting an F-16 to a Lavi. The J-10 is as much a copy of the Lavi is a MiG-15 is of an F-86. All you have to do is look & compare.

Reply to
frank

Or the Zero a copy of the Hughes Racer. The J-10 matches the Eurofighter closer, and it still isn't much of a match. (Darn.)

Reply to
tomcervo

Come on! Everyone knows the Zero was a copy of the Vought V-143! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Haven't y'all ever seen "Tora, Tora, Tora"? The Zero was copied from the AT-6/SNJ !

Reply to
frank

With German pilots!

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

A Lavi in 1/72 is in the works in resin from a cottage industry source that has to remain unidentified for the moment. If it is as good as their other kits it should be a dandy.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

"A Lavi in 1/72 is in the works in resin from a cottage industry source

that has to remain unidentified for the moment. If it is as good as their other kits it should be a dandy."

Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll start my own kitbash--guaranteed to make it happen.

Reply to
tomcervo