1/72 C-5;C-141;Nimrod

Hi, Has anyone built these kits? I'm talking vacforms,of course.The C-141 is the NOVA kit. I have the "A" and want to convert it to "B".Have both drawings,but they don't align perfectly. There was a blue tailed Nimrod-has anyone a closeup photo of the marking on the tail?Thanks. Isaac

Reply to
isaac

the NOVA kit. I have the "A" and want >to convert it to "B".Have both drawings,but they don't align perfectly.

I guess that may tell you something about the drawings. You could get the C-130 stretch conversion from Flightpath:

and see if it fits (unlikely to help with the refuelling receptacle though), or order the Combat Models C-141B from Rosemont Hobby:

and try that instead

Try a Google search for "XV241", should turn up things like this:

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

IIRC the CM C-141s are from the old Nova molds. If you don't want the CM molding, you could hunt for the old Nova kit.

Reply to
famvburg

The C-130 and C-141 have different diameter fuselages, despite carrying the same size cargo (except in length). The C-130 has no walkway on either side (save for the 463L rail locks on each side) and the C-141 has a small walkway on each side with cargo loaded.

Pat

The price of peace is eternal vigilance.

Reply to
Predc130