see through Mustang

way back in the dim distant past, there was a clear see-through model of the P51 Mustang, on a stand with motors for prop, landing gear , probably in 1/32ish, & I believe made by Monogram. has anyone ever made it, was it any good and is it still available?

Reply to
Brian Cleverly

it was released a few years back. ebay is your source....

Craig

Reply to
Craig

It has been reissued a couple of times. I have several in my stash if you are interested. And they show up on bay regularly. Scott There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."

Reply to
SnJmodprod

While on the subject...I have the odd scale(1/70) see through Mustang somewhere around here. I think from Hasegawa.Anyone ever build it? I never even opened mine.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Right, it's an old Hasegawa kit. I have one, but haven't built it. Lots of ejector pin marks on the inside of the (clear) fuselage, so it might be a challenge.

Reply to
David Bono

I thought as much.It's so pricey in my area that after finding one for half price a few years ago(store going out of business as I recall) I couldn't bring myself to open it.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

The 1/70 Hasegawa transparent P-51D was re-released a couple of years back. Saw one at Berkeley Ace Hardware today.

Box is a duplicate for the big transparent Mustang from Monogram.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I read somewhere that people get around seams, pin marks, etc on clear kits is to paint camo around those areas, but leaving enough clear to show off the goodies inside.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

if you had the patience I'm sure you could polish out any problems but who'd want to?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308