Spacecraft of Fact and Fiction mag - anyone?

Hi,

Back in the dim and distant past, possibly 1978-79, I used to have a magazine called something like "Model Spacecraft of Fact and Fiction". Amongst others, it contained tips on building up the old Monogram Battlestar Galactica kits and its these I'm interested in. Is there anyone who has this who may be willing to scan a the BSG pages? Google only returns one reference, although that could just mean I've got the title wrong.

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
Dave S

Snap! I asked a question about the very same book only a few weeks ago (and got very helpful replies, too!). I'll now pass on that help to you:

"Famous Spaceships of Fact and Fantasy (and how to model them)", edited by Harold A. Edmonson, published by Kalmbach Publishing, 1979, ISBN 0-89024-539-8.

"Famous Spaceships of Fact and Fantasy, 2nd Edition", edited by Terry Spohn, published by Kalmbach Publishing, 1996, ISBN 0-89024-563-0.

The two editions have different mixes of models being covered, but both editions have the "Galactica" models.

Bruce Melbourne, Australia

Reply to
Bruce Probst

I forgot to add, many copies of both editions can be found for sale on various online bookstores -- search on

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst

Amazon has both copies, the original from about $10.00 and the 2nd issue from about $30.00

Reply to
The Old Man

Great, thanks for the info guys. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying "spaceships" instead of "spacecraft". :-)

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
Dave S

A seller working though UK Amazon had a copy for 3 UKP. Bargain! Not 100% sure which edition I'll end up with, but doesn't sound like it'll matter judging by Bruce's comments.

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
Dave S