Aurora molds of 2001 spacecraft

What happened to the old Aurora molds of the 2001 spacecraft (Space Shuttle, Moon Bus) ?

John

Reply to
falsedawn2

Didn't they go to Monogram as a result of Aurora's bankruptcy? I'd assume (and we know what THAT means) that Revell has them and they're probably sitting in the same warehouse as those of the Space Station, the XSL-01 and all the old Willy Ley releases.

-- John (aka the Old Timer)

Reply to
Old Timer

I think I saw one at my local hobby shop that was done by Polar Lights.

Reply to
Wildcat

I haven't seen a PL release,but the airfix version was going cheap a few years ago.I picked it up for about $4.I'd still like to see more of the old aurora kits make it back on the shelves.

Reply to
eyeball

It's my understanding that the Aurora and Airfix releases were the result of separate moldings. What releases did PL do?

-- John (aka the Old Timer)

Reply to
Old Timer

I dont think PL ever did. There was talk, I believe it might have been the moonbus they were discussing. But once R/C took control, well that ended that and PL..

chris

Reply to
chris

Reply to
teem

An awful lot of the old Aurora kits will never be seen again, thanks to the Monogram people back in the '70s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

FWIW I was told by one who was associated with Monogram that after they spent the $$ to improve the Aurora A-7, Camel, SE5 and Fokker D.7 they scrapped the rest because they found that the molds were made from very hard steel and modifying them was just going to be too much trouble and $$$. It was really too bad because the later ones(Breguet 14, Sopwith Tri-plane), were not bad.

Bill Shuey

Mad-Modeller wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey