IPMS Convention

Nice to meet a few of you. I was only there for a few hours on Saturday and an hour or so on Friday, but the models were fantastic. The vendor's room was so huge that it became a matter of who took Visa and who had stuff cheap enough for what little cash was on hand.

Sorry to see that the computer problems extended from registration to no slides for the banquet. Then to have the hotel ATM screw up for most of the show...sometimes no matter how hard you work it only comes together by happenstance.

I had a great time, how about the rest of y'all?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

I had a good time in spite of the various problems at the show. Yes, not having an ATM on the premises was annoying and lack of wi-fi in the vendor room meant that most of them couldn't do plastic. More money would have been spent if they had made it easier; that's a fact. The vendor room was actually kind of small compared to previous years and there weren't any great deals to write home about on Saturday. Usually Saturday is a feeding frenzy in the vendor room; this one just sort of closed down quietly.

Lots of very nice models in the contest area; I was impressed with that.

Next year, Virginia Beach will be a great show; they were terrific in

2002 and just need to pull out the old game plan. Columbus, the year after that, will be stupendous too; they have a downtown show so everything is in walking distance. That's the only way to go, in my opinion.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Stephen Tontoni wrote: : : Columbus, the year : after that, will be stupendous too; they have a downtown show so : everything is in walking distance. : Hmmm - a repeat of the '97 show?

Wonder if I can hit the armor collector NE of Columbus/NE Ohio for a tour?

And I can visit Muskrat U. Oh yay. Wait. '09 would be my 25th reunion. Probably expecting too much to have them co- ordinate.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I also thought it was a good show despite the little hiccups here and there. I went to a few seminars and learned something new at each one. Even got to sit in on an interview of Brett Green. Helluva nice guy. The vendor room was nice, but I also missed the clearence sales of years past. The few vendors that had any sales going on, didn't have anything that I needed. Also, the fact some were unable to do credit cards probably saved me from major debt. I also noticed some of the vendors were gone by 2:00 on Saturday. The model quality was top notch and I liked the idea of having the paper entries. The guy who did most of them was very enthusiastic and talked to anyone who had a question. The ship model was particularly outstanding.

~Rik~

Reply to
Rik O'Lishous