IS there a website for Dr. Microtools?

I have seen mention of Dr. Microtools products in r.m.s messages that said ads were to be found in FSM. Is Dr. Microtools advertised on the web?

Reply to
Drasher

Yeah, I tried Google... I tried scanning the R.M.S archives for mentions, etc.

I am currently at a loss.

Reply to
Drasher

I thought Dr. Microtools went out of biz. I certainly can't find their putty anymore, and it was one of my favorites.

Reply to
Rufus

Unless you can time travel, AFAIK they are long out of business. Do you recall the date on that r.m.s. message? But most of the tools/materials they offered can be found elswhere. What are you looking for?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

It is gone. Did you chechk how old the message which mentioned it was?

Most of the items Dr. Microtools sold are available elswhere. What specifically are you looking for?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

In particular, I was looking for the glass syringe with the blunt needle. I have the Touch-n-Flow (correct name?) liquid applicator but wanted to try the syringe. Other items include the putty & primer.

I guess I didn't get those tools in the previous life and won't get them in this one either. :)

Reply to
Drasher

It's easy enough to get a modern syringe and needle and simply blunt the needle with a grindstone...shouldn't be anything special about it being glass. Ask around your doc's office or a local hospital...you might not even have to spend any money for modeling purposes.

Reply to
Rufus

Ahh, now we can help you:

Check out:

on that page follow links for Teflon Dispensing Needles, Stainless Steel Dispensing Needles.

Easy, wan't it? :-) But liquid cements might react with the rubber plunger. You might want to try

I use squeeze bottles with a blunt needle for applying Methylene Chloride cement to acrylic.

Dr. Microtools used to sell a glass syringe which was ideal for solvents but I don't know where one can pick one of those up nowadays. Medical Supply Houses?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Thanks for those links... that will be a help. Now I can give you an answer...

I have seen the glass syringes on eBay. Most were "rare vintage" but, if you wait around a little, you'll see some small capacity contemporary items.

I tried a local medical supply and they did not carry them.

Reply to
Drasher

Thanks for the info! Peteski

Reply to