JSF X-35 grays

I have the Revell 1/144 X-35 kit. Cute, cleanly moulded, and with the option to have the jetpipe in VTOL or CTOL (unlike the Italeri 1/72). However, the instructions give two colours for the overall paint scheme, FS36118 (Gunship Grey) over FS36270 Neutral Grey). The problem is, every photo I have seen of the X-35 shows a three-colour scheme. With nothing else to go on, I would choose the scheme I associate with F-16's, upper surfaces Gunship gray FS36118/Neutral grey FS36270 over lower surfaces Light Ghost gray FS36375. Can anyone out there point me at a reference that can confirm this scheme or give authorative values for the real colours used?

Thanks in advance, Alan Dicey

Reply to
Alan Dicey

From what I've seen on all my F-16 instruction sheets; other than indigenous-origin camo schemes (i.e. Israel's "Cafe au-lait"), they're generally painted in a Gunship Gray FS36118/Medium Gray FS 35237/Light Ghost Gray FS36375 scheme. However, the new-tool Monogram F-16C calls for a simplified two-color (Gunship Gray FS36118/Light Ghost Gray FS36375) scheme. Best to research your subject to make sure of what you want to do...

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Just do a navy or marine one--Light Ghost Grey with a LOT of panel touch-ups.

Reply to
Tom Cervo