JUST PAINT THE FRICKIN THING!!

That's what I tell myself subliminy like,you know,its summer,outside
alot,I do want to get something started paint wise.how does the
general modelling population motivate themselves with this?.
Reply to
teem
We don't. That's where all those big stashes come from...
Reply to
Rufus
i hit 50 wip's. is that average?
I tend to try to get several car bodies ready to the point of painting. Then I just take 'em out and do it between other chores. Gives me lots of time to catch up the other parts of the models.
It also tends to help me with the problem of way too many half-started projects. Not to solve it, mind you, but to add to it!
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
yeah, but you have several thousand completed.
It's a bit under my average. ;]
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller
I have the same problem. All winter long I keep telling myself it is too cold to open the draft window behind the spray booth, wait 'til (you know). Well its here and over half gone and I still can't get myself to paint anything. An F-106 ready for ADC grey, 1/48 F-86D and 1/72 RF-84 sitting for the first round of NMF, an Elcamino needing the color coat put on (after I decide on graphics) and a R/C Vette that was supposed to be done last Feb.
Maybe next Spring, haha hoho hee heee haha.......
Chuck Ryan Springfield OH
Reply to
Chuck Ryan
I moved my workshop from the basement to the garage (we park the car outside during warm weather) and got a few kits built. With the garage door open, I have natural light and plenty of fresh air. Just as I was ready to start on my Revell XSL-01 rebuild, my son moved home and my garage became a warehouse for all his goods. I still build out there; the spaceship is coming along nicely, but I lost almost a month this summer because of this. Added to the fact that I have to be ~much~ more careful where I plant my clodhoppers so I don't twist an ankle or somesuch. Once the plus side, he ~did~ give me a new workbench to make up for my troubles.
Reply to
Old Timer
I have about 50 kits all bare naked. Doubt they ever will get painted. I just keep buying the buggers, maybe finish a few.
Craig
Reply to
crw59
is that contagious? my model table keeps giving me very resentfull looks.
Well, I'm in the process of finishing up my WIPs before starting anything new. Of course I only have about 15 to 20 all together. Currently working on finishing all the started armor/afv kits. Then I'm going to start on my unfinished aircraft. Plus, these things give me the opportunity to recover my touch at painting with my airbrush.
Reply to
Jim
Move to Germany (North). Great modeling summer this year - grey skies, rain by the score, and just warm enough to open the window for fresh air.
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt
You really should have sold the place and moved south...without leaving a forwarding address. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
whose garage seems to be full of his son's computer parts inventory
Reply to
Mad Modeller
Yeah, I've been watching DWTV and envying your weather forecasts, at least the temperatures.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller
I'm not sure how people can paint outside. The wind, the bugs, the natural sunlight. The first one screws your airbrush over and causes handbrushed paint to dry too quickly, the second one likes to swim around in your open bottle of paint, and the third one causes shadows.
Reply to
Patrick McFarland
Might be. My tables don't get much of a chance to glare me down. I do most assembly on the coffee or kitchen tables now just to avoid the looks but I can feel them on my back while I'm on the 'puter :-)
-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH
Reply to
Chuck Ryan
The idea ~did~ cross my mind; my wife and I have been talking about Pennsylvania for a couple of years now. Better taxation than New York (actually anybody is better than here!) and further away from dreary Lake Erie, which gives me loads of humidity during the summer and Lake-effect snow storms during the winter, not to mention what the moisture is doing to my arthritis.
Reply to
Old Timer
i hate when they line up and stare as i walk by. and the whisprs.....
Thanks guys,I guess i'm on right track,next windless day,PrimerTime!.>I'm not sure how people can paint outside. The wind, the bugs, the
Reply to
teem
My ex- used to say that they all sort of huddled together away from her when she walked in the model room. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller