Lead sinkers and paint

Other than coating the sinker in paint, would there be anything nasty?

Reply to
Wayne.

I've never had any problems in over 20 years of use.I just make sure that after using them I wash my hands.

Reply to
eyeball

That is good to know. Thanks.

Reply to
Wayne.

I have been casting lead into sinkers, and lot's of bullets for over twenty years. With proper protection, one can be safe.

Lead in particular affects growing/developing animals. Fully grown one's are not as affected.

BTW, I came here pre deranged, lead had nothing to do with it.......

Reply to
AM

Keep your models out of the reach of pets and small children. If any lead has leached from the sinker into the paint, chewing on the models may be bad for their health.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris

So too would touching ;-)

Reply to