Long shot...V tail Beech Q

Before I go with a bland civilian paint scheme on the Arii V Tail V35,were
there ever any military users?My meager book collection and an online search
didn't turn up anything,so I'm not holding my breath to find anything.
Thanks in advance
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
Iran supposedly had some. While the USAF had Bonanzas in the aerial surveillance role, these were the later conventional-tail A series.
Israel had at least three in their air units during the War of Independence. These were originally in civil paint schemes but had Stars of David and crude desert camouflage overpainted. One was fitted with light bomb racks for dive attacks against the Egyptians and Jordanians.
Hope this helps!
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 "I don't know whether to be comforted or appalled that the Grace of God extends to a man so undoubtedly wicked as Ronald Reagan. I feel both my nation and my God have been taken away for me for all time."--Tepid 6:05
Reply to
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce
Doesn't killing doctors count as military service? Wasn't that the Bonanza's nickname: "Fork-tailed doctor killer"?
There is a relatively poor b&W pic of a Bonanza in israeli colors with underbelly bomb shackles at:
The IAF museum site might have some pics. They don't seem to have a Bonanza in their collection though.
Al
Eyeball2002308 wrote:
Reply to
old hoodoo
And old hoodoo opened up and revealed to the world news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:
I got the following:
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information. Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

When I went there just now. . .
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Try this one, maybe its the front door, just accessed it, its got a reference to the Bonanza pic, on the site also is a history of the Bonanza's use. Two initially, one destroyed on the ground in an air raid, the other used very agressively. It appears to have a two tone desert scheme, although mention that it was used up to 1952.
Digital_Cowboy wrote:
Reply to
old hoodoo
And old hoodoo opened up and revealed to the world news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:
Old Hoodoo,
Thanks for the link. I tried it and it worked, and I also re-tried the first link and it worked as well. Guess it was just a case of my trying to access the site right after they'd had their "one millonth" user access it. . .;-)
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
The links worked for me,thanks!
Reply to