Looking for a model

Can anyone advise me of the existence of a particular model -

I'm looking for a 1:48 scale model of the old (F-100?) Super Sabre. I once had a 1:144 of a US 'Thunderbirds' aerobatic team version and it'd be great to make one in a decent scale.

Also, anyone ever seen a kit in any scale of the Fairey Delta 2?

-- _________________ Norman Lever Melbourne, Australia _________________

Reply to
Norman Lever

Frog made one in 1:72. The molds are now in Russia, being used by Novo. There is another made by Maquette in 1:72, but I kow nothing about it. Check Hannants for at least the Novo version.

The Old Timer

monogram do the F100, used to be with thunderbird decs IIRC, recently reissued?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Since I haven't heard of Novo for a long time I suspect that the Maquette kit is the same one. As far as the F-100, there is a Monogram kit of a 'D' in 1/48. I think it's available right now in a Revell box. The only other one is probably the Lindberg kit and it would be an 'A' if not a YF-100. It would also be scarcer.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I've never seen the Frog/Novo boxing,but I built the maquette kit.Crude with working parts...I gave up,glued everything in place and did it gear up.If I were a betting man I'd wager it's the same kit.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

ESCI also did a 1/48 F-100D. Avoid at all costs......

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Norman

For the Delta 2 look on Australian ebay as there is one listed there now. I can't recall the manufacturer though.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Kucks

Hi Norman, Hannants of England have the Monogram 1:48 F100D in Stock and also the 1:72 ex Frog Fairey Delta 2 now marketed by Maquette see:

Regards, Brian of London, England

Reply to
Brian Boot