Lorelei movie (Japanese, alternative history, Surcouf submarine)

I can tell you guys and girls that if Heller were to release the Surcouf again, they would make a ton of money in Japan. OK, I exaggerate, the local distributors would make a ton of money.

However, (Heller, helloooo, where are you...???) Lorelei, a story of the 3rd atomic bomb and attempts of Japanese military men to stop its use, blah blah, (unsuccessfully I might add, this is not a right-wing crappy film), is a great film to watch. Featured are the Surcouf, or at least a Japanese look-alike, and I have to say it is really well done. I was looking on BitTorrent for months (since March, when the film was released as a movie in theaters nationally) but only got a dead link. However, in September, finally, the video and DVD versions emerged, and I promptly rented one. My GNU/Linux box, old and shabby it might be but it had no trouble watching or ripping the entire DVD. So I have these really quite cool-looking shots on my computer, and am wondering if anyone on r.m.s. has a remote interest in some clips and stills. If so, I will take some time to put a few up an international website, I have no intention of getting caught by the draconian laws here in Japan. If this movie is out internationally, I recommend you guys to watch it, just for the lovely models.

Cheers, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Are you sure it was Surcouf ??

Lots of Japanese submarines - with aircraft hangars in front of the conning tower - could look like Surcouf.

Take a look at my models of the Japanese I-19 & I-400 - and Surcouf - at :-

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Ken> Are you sure it was Surcouf ??

Ken> Lots of Japanese submarines - with aircraft hangars in front Ken> of the conning tower - could look like Surcouf.

Ken> Take a look at my models of the Japanese I-19 & I-400 - and Ken> Surcouf - at :- Ken>

Nice models! I was thinking about the twin 19.7(?)cm guns though. I'll check out my ripped version later on the weekend, I only watched the trailer initially to check the copy.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug