Yamato 1/10 model in Kure

I'm just going to vent here. My girlfriend is heading off the Hiroshima today, and Kure tomorrow, on a work trip for her company. In Kure, her job will be to take hundreds of photos of the new mueseum housing the 1/10 scale Yamato, and of course the ship itself. Why I didn't get to carry her bags I have no idea! The construction company she works for built the museum (or rather, had it built by others), and their office in Tokyo has a couple of large photos of the Yamato too. Their main office is in Hiroshima. Any bells ringing for folks who know about Japanese construction companies, Hiroshima, (and the fact that a local politician got her the initial job interview) .... ahem, well, I will not have to worry about my girlfriend being hassled by ordinary folks :-)

Still, the good news is that since Kyoto is between Tokyo and Hiroshima, she will be spending the weekend with me, and I will have a chance to upload some photos I hope! Should be better than those crap links to Nikon site pages which require you to be a subscriber...

Cheers, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Gernot, are you sure photos are all you'll be uploading? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller> Gernot, are you sure photos are all you'll be Mad-Modeller> uploading? :) Bill Banaszak, MFE

Woof woof! You can be sure there'll be some photos that are not going to see the light of anyone else's monitor :-)

Seeing as I met her at last year's Shizuoka Hobby show, where she was modelling Bandai goods, I have a lot to be thankful for to the world(s) of model(l)ing!

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Cool, a model girlfriend. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE