Classic War Movie Collection

Some of you UKers will have noticed the new De Agostini TV advert concerning the 'The Classic War Movie Collection', but just incase you havent, here's the low-down on it.

From what I can deduce, De Agostini are releasing 20 classic war movies on DVD at a decent price. The first one, Bridge On The River Kwai, is at the introductory price of £3.99, with the remaining films at £9.99. The next film is the Guns of Navarone, followed by Where Eagles Dare, then Hamburger Hill and Das Boot. Note: if you intended to take up the entire collection, subscribe to get them and receive a few extra goodies free of charge - including Lawrence of Arabia DVD!!

I actually checked HMV for the prices of some of the later releases and they fluctuated from £9.99 to £16.99 - so by collecting the De Agostini ones, you are saving money and getting some decent movies to watch.

Note: I'm not a salesman for De Agostini - just a movie buff who knows a bargain when he sees one. :-)

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

No we didn't because it hasn't run yet.

All these films are openly available at £5.99 across the UK. Lawrence of Arabia isn't, but it'd be cheaper to buy this than subscribe to a schedule of decidely dodgy films. Where's the Apocalypse Now? Catch 22? Waterloo or Zulu? Patwork fifty-eight for subscribers only perhaps?

Bollocks.

Bollocks. cheers,

Reply to
arache

The advert has been on TV for over a week now.

HMV :- Das Boot - £12.99 Hamburger Hill - £12.99

Twit, cheers.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi