Memphis belle Aircraft Commander Passing

arthritis does something similar, i get cramps and lock up. i have to use my other hand to pry the fingers apart and try to massage the muscles loose. happened to me once when i was doing radio, both hands locked up and cramped so i found myself beating my hands on the steel equipment racks to free them. broke a finger but didn't blow a segue.

I tried having an injection into the sheath of the tendon. I was under the impression that torture was illegal.:-( Didn't work worth a dan, either.

As it is a slowly developing condition I have been able to cope with it for modeling and other detail type work. No more volleyball, though.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

yeah, slow degeneration here. modeling seems to help keep me a bit looser. no more 5 knuckle shuffle.

Try an arthrogram sometime. It was two days before my right arm felt connected to my body again. All that because they couldn't stuff me in an MRI tube!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

With arthritic conditions, it's use it or lose it. I have some joints that aren't quite right, but I just do what I'm doing anyway. Sometimes it hurts a little, but then I think about how pissed I'd be if I could no longer build models or cook, etc. The alternative is to have less and less range of motion--which will probably happen anyway, but it'll go slower.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Build models or cook!! I'm 42 and I feel like a kid after reading this thread.;-)

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

yeah, my dr sad the same. so i walk and stretch and keep modeling.

Glad we could make you fell younger. Now are there any centennarians to make me feel more limber? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Yep, the maroons are for officials. Diplomatic passports are issued to diplomats and their dependents as well as cabinet level officials and higher. They are black, and allow you to use the short line at the airport. However, other than the dip line at the airport or border crossings, the only privileges that one officially receives on a diplomatic passport apply to them in the country where they are an accredited diplomat, and typically you don't carry your passport, but an ID issued to you by the host country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Generally, immunity and all that stuff is only in effect in the country where you are posted.

CJ

Reply to
CJH

Mark Schynert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.west.earthlink.net:

I had adhesive capsulitis for a while, still have lingering after effects. You either let it beat you or you fight back and move as much as you can. That's what helps you get better.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

42 seems young to me now. how the hell did this happen?

did get to shake some vets hands monday at the parade. they seemed surprised that anyone said thanks. nade me feel a lot younger.

tooftoof questioned:

It kind of sneaks up on you. Be careful though, when you wake up and nothing hurts, you are either young or dead.

Oxmoron1 MFE

Reply to
OXMORON1

Well, there was the 'etc.' ;-) I'm not all that old, but some of my joints beg to differ. To hell with 'em.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I'd be willing to spend another year or so at 45 instead of just a few more days (Saturday is 46)

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

hmm, i must be ok. never have problems being quite aware of the morning.

i have 56 in just about a month....dammmmnnnnn.

Kids....... (58)

The Old Timer
57 on 6/12 and beginning to feel it.

The worst part is seeing photos of yourself and thinking "Who in hell is that old fart" :-(

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

That's what I used to say when someone would try to corner me about skydiving..."dead don't hurt".

Reply to
Rufus