Memphis belle Aircraft Commander Passing

You win. I have to wait another 8 months for that. By then I should be a grandfather. O happy day.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

That's what I said when I saw my oldest's wedding pictures.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

My mother, who died in January, 2001, wanted me to take her skydiving for her

90th birthday. Doctor laughed her out of the office. She made it to 91 1/2.

When I jumped back in the 60s at Ft.Rucker I messed up my right ankle the first time, my left ankle the second time and did fine the third time. I figured that now I knew how to do it I didn't have to do it again.

When I get below 200 lbs (212 now) I'll go again. The closest has been parasailing in the Bahamas last year. What a blast!!! I'll do that again any time.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

It seems young to me too...and I'm 43! ;-)

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

43 is a dirty word... thank Christ for magnifying goggles.

Ahh.. what the hell... Groucho Marx always said you're only as old as the women you feel.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

Hyperextended my right knee jumping into a 40kt ground wind once...nobody called the plane to stop us. I was one of three out that actually made the airfield...the other 17 ended up all over town.

Had a guy open his main in my face at about 1800' once, too. That was exciting.

I gave up sport jumping a few years ago, but I do still get the itch sometimes.

Reply to
Rufus

Ahhhh...that's why I don't wear my glasses to bed...

Reply to
Rufus

looking in the mirror and see your father on a bad day....

er, i've neen a grandpa since 82....army brat, precocious or something.

Naw, it's the first time you holler at some kid "What the hell were you thinking?" then stop and look around for your father......

Reply to
Ron

For me it's when my youngest can beat me across the park... 7 yr olds can run awful quick...;-(

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

happily, them days is behind me...

Actually, since he's been gone since 1977 (three weeks before Elvis), it gives me a chance to talk to him wshile I'm shaving. Of course, I DO get some strange looks when I come out of the can.....

The Old Timer

The 'shoot to wound' notion is for the most part an unenforceable standard. What are cops taught? Shoot for the center of mass--i.e., where the heart, lungs, aorta and other vital things reside. Otherwise, you run too much chance of missing the target entirely. Any D-lawyer worth his bar card is going to get you off on a reasonable force standard, unless the guy is face down in the yard with a broken leg already. What this standard really does is prevent 'second shots' just to make sure the perp doesn't get a trial. In the hurly-burly of a nighttime home invasion, it would be a daft DA indeed who would argue that the resident would have the opportunity to judiciously weigh the alternatives and conclude that deadly force was not needed. If you saw someone breaking into your car on the street, the DA would not be nuts to ring you up, since property is all that's at risk.

Mark Schynert

Before you go

Reply to
Mark Schynert

"Yes, officer, I retreated to the other side of the bed, and I warned him in language a six-year-old could have understood, but he just kept coming, so I grabbed my Browning 9mm and fired ten warning shots into his chest. I was never a very good shot."

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert