Merlin Models

Just got back to the UK from a business trip to the US in the San Jose
area & called in the San Antonio Hobby Shop:-

If there is anyone in the area who would like a laugh, & to purchase a
copy of what must be one of the worst models of all time, the shop
have a *large* collection of merlin models TSR-2's for sale at $4.95.
They also have a number of other Merlin Models stuff including the EE
P.1 at $6.95.
Just don't say I didn't warn you if you think $4.95 is a bargin....
Still a good shop though.
Mark
Reply to
Mark
They call them "Merlin" models because you have to be a wizard to build one!
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Is that the same Merlin models that were around in the seventies, I believe they were out of Ireland then?
Reply to
Ted Taylor
The same. They started out as Veeday, morphed into Merlin, Spun off into Valhala, then mercifully passed on.
The only good thing about them was they spun off Pegasus, another limited run firm with much better quality. Blue Max is another line from Pegasus containing their 1/48 scale kits.
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
I went to their website, and i couldn't find any Merlin or TSR-2s. They don't seem to have an email- Can anyone help me out here? I would like two or three. This is no joke.
Kim M
Reply to
Royabulgaf
Just like Combat Models Vacs... Combat, company name and accurate = description of the building process!!! Hub=20
Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott
Combat's not as bad as Merlin. I'll build a Combat kit, but won't ever touch another Merlin!
Reply to
famvburg
I talked at length to Vagn, the man behind Merlin, at the Nationals in Columbus in '97. He was a fun gent who regaled me with tales of the hillbillies in his town. I'd thought hillbillies were an American deal until I remembered the Kink's tune "Muswell hillbillies." Anyway, he had a bunch of his kits built up on the table and they looked decent. He's still got stuff in his line that nobody else kitted. It's a better starting point than the block of balsa you got back in the forties. Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap)
Reply to
Keeper
ray davies, (kinks guy) tells great stories about the cockney crackers when he was a kid. makes the southern folks here look sophisticated. read hi bio for some chuckles.
Okay, what's hi bio? tia
The Keeper (of too much crap)
Reply to
Keeper