mighty mo

she was modernized in 8 mos for only a half billion? damn fast and damned cheap.

ahh.......but what about Larry and Curly?? (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

they got 10 bucks and some hookers.

They got a deal :)

Reply to
AM

And I was part of that team. I installed the satcomm suite on her & the New Jersey (as well as many other not so noteworthy ships).

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

any good pics you can post? love to see the work going on.

Unfortunately, cameras were prohibited in the shipyard (a military base) & even more so in the space I worked, Radio Central. I did take my camera on sea trials, though, but mostly took pictures of my co-workers around the ship. What I DO have are a number of original blueprints showing antenna & deck arrangements in profile & overhead, deck by deck. They are a model makers delight.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

ok, thanks