Monogram Helicopters

Monogram did three Snap-Tite kits of the Bell 206 Jet Ranger.

There was a news chopper, one with floats and one with water tanks.

They also did a Bell 204 UH-1 Iroquois in their Lap-Slap series in a couple of choices of markings.

Has anyone ever scaled these two kits to determine their stated scale of 1/72?

If they are truly 1/72 or close does anybody have any/all of them to sell/trade?

TIA

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Tom,

I used to have one of the Jet Rangers but I never measured it. It had LAPD decals, IIRC. I currently have one of the UH-1Bs that is built but not completed. If interested mail me at the verizon address.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Tom,

I used to have one of the Jet Rangers but I never measured it. It had LAPD decals, IIRC. I currently have one of the UH-1Bs that is built but not completed. If interested mail me at the verizon address.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hi Tom,

I have both still unmade and whilst I haaven't looked at them for a while, I do know that the Jetranger (LAPD markings) is slightly bigger than 1:72 (my guess is about 1:65, but I'd have to measure it to confirm). I recall comparing the Huey against the fuselage of the Italeri kit a few years ago and finding it to be almost identical.

Both kits are quite nicely done; they are a little lacking in detail, but you'd expect that, considering that they are "snap together" kits.

Hope this helps. If I can put my hands on them, I'll confirm my posting for you.

James.

Reply to
jvenables

And now I know how that happens. Sorry for the double post folks.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

James

Please let me know if you would like to sell or trade them.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The UH-1 is 1/72 but the 206 kits are substantially bigger than the Matchbox and Italeri OH-58s. I haven't measured them but my guess is that they're somewhere around 1/64 scale.

Sorry, I don't have any extras. In fact, I need decal sheets (or high resolution scans of them) for all three Monogram 206 kits.

Reply to
Al Superczynski